It seems like every kid dreams of a loft bed. Mine is no exception. But I wasn't too crazy about the idea of a big bulky expensive, soon to grow out of loft bed, so my son Chase and I compromised. We bought six filing cabinets (all for $42.00), spray paint, parts from a metal twin bed frame, sprinkled it with a little design imagination and when our DIY project was done Chase was high as a kite (well almost) and happy with the results. Bonus...the storage! He just tosses his clothes in the drawers and the room is clean. That make a happy mom too!
Friday, March 28, 2014
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Table space- it's the one thing you can never have too much of, especially if you're entertaining. This project is a super easy way to brighten up an old table or even match it to a specific party theme, with minimal effort. The secret? Duct tape!
Here's what you'll need and how to to do it:
Square side table (I found this one at IKEA)
Red colored duct tape
1. There is no particular pattern to follow if you choose. Have fun adding tape wherever you want on the table. This is just one idea.
2. Measure the length of the table including the sides and add a couple inches on top of that.
3. Cut eight strips of duct tape the length you have measured.
4. Stretch the tape over the table and then attach it onto the table, making sure there is enough tape to wrap under the under the table.
5. Continue to add strips of tape in various directions on the table until you feel your creative decorating is complete.
6. Sit back and admire your work.